75 young legislators prepare for 2013-2016 term at CLRG
17 July 2013
Seventy-five newly elected young legislators from all over the Philippines are attending the Special Course on Local Governance and Policy Making on 15 to 19 July 2013 in Quezon City. The five-day course seeks to improve their knowledge in policy making techniques, the local legislative process, oversight and quasi-judicial functions, and management of the sanggunian. One module focuses on enhancing their public speaking skills and confidence in dealing with more experienced colleagues.
The participants will hear lectures from respected incumbent and former local legislators, lawyers practicing local government and political law, national government officials, and CLRG affiliate faculty. Case analysis and problem solving exercises also form an essential part of the course methodology.
The course is also called the Legislative Skills Enhancement Training for Local Legislators (Legislative SETLLE). This is part of the continuing partnership between the National Movement of Young Legislators (NMYL) and CLRG.
A second batch is tentatively scheduled on 5 to 9 August 2013. For enrollment concerns call NMYL at telephone numbers
(2) 4382188 or (2) 4384525 or through email at email@example.com.
iExceLL: Introductory Course on Excellence in Local Legislation
Learn the basics of being a local legislator through simulations and mock sessions.
- Local Legislative Program >
- Executive Education >
- Customized Training >
Professional Development Program
- HR Inspire
Courses for the Youth
Research by Topic
- Agriculture Research
- Capacity Development Research
- Comparative Local Government Research
- Decentralization Research
- Health Research
- Local Finance and Management Research
- Local Leadership Research
- Participatory Governance Research
- Program Administration Research
- Urban Governance Research
- Transparency and Accountability Research >
- Research by Topic >
- iProcure Home >
- Youth in Local Governance Program >
- Who We Are
- Latest CLRG News
- Citizen's Charter