The knowledge and skills imparted in CLRG’s courses are based on lessons learned and best practices from the field. Course materials often include knowledge products from the Center’s research program. Our resource persons come from a pool of experts from the academe and practitioners. Our tutors and facilitators are trained in various methods to generate insights and learning from the coursework and collaborative exercises making it an enriching and unparalleled experience.
Courses on local legislation provide skills sets that enable board members and councilors to better participate in legislative sessions, craft responsive legislation and rational regulatory policies, and enhance constituent interaction.
Participants undertake case studies, simulation exercises and collaborative activities that emphasize the collegial nature of work in the local councils.
Our courses enable participants to learn from our pool of experts which include:
- incumbent and former local legislators
- lawyers and law professors specializing in local government and political law
- national government officials
- UP NCPAG professors teaching policy analysis and regulation
- subject matter experts
- personal development experts
We encourage boards/councils to attend as a group or bring along their legislative staff and Sanggunian employees.
- Introductory Course on Excellence in Local Legislation (iExcell)
- Development Legislation Enhancement Course (DLEC)
SPECIAL COURSES FOR LOCAL LEGISLATORS
- Local Governance and Policy Making (Legislative SETLLE)
- Evidence-based Legislation (EBL)
- Power of the Purse: The Sanggunian in Local Government Planning and Fiscal Management
- Research and Writing for Local Government Policy
Do you have a unique or more specific course or training subject in mind? Consider a Customized Course.