Affiliate Expert: Local Legislation
Benedicto Gonzales, Jr.
Gonzales is a practicing lawyer and a Professor of political law, criminal law and legal ethics at the Far Eastern University-Institute of Law. He is CLRG's affiliate expert on local legislation and local government law.
Having served three terms as councilor as well as acting vice mayor in Caloocan City, he brings a unique perspective to CLRG's capacity building for local councils or sanggunian (see Legislative Program).
Gonzales also serves as a consultant for donor agencies, the House of Representatives and to top national government executives.
He has an Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Diploma in Industrial Relations from the University of the Philippines-Diliman and a law degree from the Far Eastern University. He was ranked 19th in the 1993 Bar Examinations.
Local Legislation and Governance: Catalysts of National Development (2013 Edition)
Notes and Updates on Administrative Law on Local Government and Election Law (2010)
- Local Legislative Program >
- Executive Education >
- Customized Training >
Professional Development Program
- HR Inspire
Courses for the Youth
Research by Topic
- Agriculture Research
- Capacity Development Research
- Comparative Local Government Research
- Decentralization Research
- Health Research
- Local Finance and Management Research
- Local Leadership Research
- Participatory Governance Research
- Program Administration Research
- Urban Governance Research
- Transparency and Accountability Research >
- Research by Topic >
- iProcure Home >
- Youth in Local Governance Program >
- Who We Are
- Latest CLRG News
- Citizen's Charter