Special Course on Local Governance and Policymaking
Legislative Skills Enhancement Training on
Local Legislation (Legislative SETLLE)
Course Session(s): Batch 4 | 28 July to 1 August 2014
Batch 5 | 11 to 15 August 2014
Training Investment (Course Fee): Please contact NMYL Secretariat for details.
Course Manager: Raphael Montes Jr.
Enrollment: Peachy Aguado (NMYL)
This course is exclusively offered to members and friends of the National Movement of Young Legislators (NMYL). The course began as an introductory course on local legislation for NMYL members in 2007.
The course has three modules:
I. The LGU Context and Local Legislation (concepts of
decentralization, good governance and tools in evidence-
II. Multi-Faceted Functions of the Sanggunian (policymaking,
oversight and quasi-judicial functions and policy advocacy)
III. Collegial Management and Self-Improvement (conflict
management and effective public speaking)
The course uses interactive lecture-discussion, self-assessment exercises and analysis of case studies.
Enrollment is through the NMYL.
iExceLL: Introductory Course on Excellence in Local Legislation
Learn the basics of being a local legislator through simulations and mock sessions.
- Executive Education >
- Local Legislative Program >
- Customized Training >
Professional Development Program
- HR Inspire
Courses for the Youth
Research by Topic
- Agriculture Research
- Capacity Development Research
- Comparative Local Government Research
- Decentralization Research
- Health Research
- Local Finance and Management Research
- Local Leadership Research
- Participatory Governance Research >
- Program Administration Research
- Urban Governance Research
- Transparency and Accountability Research >
- Research by Topic >
- iProcure Home >
- Youth in Local Governance Program
- Who We Are