The knowledge and skills imparted in CLRG’s courses are based on lessons learned and best practices from the field. Course materials often include knowledge products from the Center’s research program. Our resource persons come from a pool of experts from the academe and practitioners. Our tutors and facilitators are trained in various methods to generate insights and learning from the coursework and collaborative exercises making it an enriching and unparalleled experience.
Barangays can rely on CLRG to deliver capacity building programs that suit their unique role in local governance. CLRG recognizes the barangay's special nature as a governmental institution that relies mostly on voluntary work from the community. Our courses and seminars for barangays emphasize their importance as the most visible, day-to-day face of government in the Philippines.
The Center's courses for barangays aim to:
- Explain the crucial role of the barangay in overall area development
- Orient barangay officials on the technical aspects of government administration that are normally handled by career local government staff
- Familiarize barangay officials with municipal/city government policy and processes that affect them
- Offer models for collaborative and community-based governance practices
- Enhance the appreciation of the democratic space at the community level
- Harnessing Barangay Development Capacities (HBDC)
- Special Course on Barangay Justice
- Special Course for Barangay Treasurers and Secretaries