Young Legislators from Visayas, Mindanao complete special course on evidence-based legislation
20 August 2014
Two batches of members of the National Movement of Young Legislators (NMYL) completed a week-long course on local legislation and policy making. In order to reach NMYL members who were not able to attend courses which were offered in 2013, two offerings were made for members from Mindanao (28 July-1 August, Davao City) and the Visayas (11-15 August, Cebu City).
The Legislative Skills Enhancement Training for Local Legislators (SETLLE) is a customized course designed for the needs of NMYL Members. The course focuses on enhancing knowledge and skills in the Sanggunian's multi-faceted functions (legislation, appropriations, oversight and quasi-judicial powers) and re-orientation towards evidence-based local legislation.
This year, Senator Bam Aquino was a special speaker on "Partnerships for Inclusive Growth."
Participants who completed all requirements received a Certificate of Completion duly certified by UP-NCPAG. The Legislative SETLLE 2014 was sponsored by the Philippine Center for Young Leaders in Governance (PCYL).
More CLRG News
More CLRG Courses
- Local Legislative Program >
- Executive Education >
- Customized Training >
Professional Development Program
- HR Inspire
Courses for the Youth
Research by Topic
- Agriculture Research
- Capacity Development Research
- Comparative Local Government Research
- Decentralization Research
- Health Research
- Local Finance and Management Research
- Local Leadership Research
- Participatory Governance Research
- Program Administration Research
- Urban Governance Research
- Transparency and Accountability Research >
- Research by Topic >
- iProcure Home >
- Youth in Local Governance Program >
- Who We Are
- Latest CLRG News
- Citizen's Charter